and your privacy
RST Engineering is a small, family run business located in Grass Valley, CA. We are the direct descendent of Radio Systems Technology and support the old Radio Systems products that we have documentation for. Jim Weir founded the company in 1973, and after a hiatus when the company was under different ownership, Jim returned a few years ago as the chief RST engineer and bottle-washer.
RST Engineering is both a manufacturer and a mail order direct seller via this Web site.
More About RST
Do you remember the old days, before the Internet when many mail order houses had the "allow 4 to 6 weeks" disclaimer on the order form? The Internet has changed all that. Today folks expect immediate shipping and there is no way of telling (though you can make a guess from the design of the Web site) who are the big players with whole shipping departments and conveyor belts running full tilt 24/7, and who are the folks with 3 feet of counter space, brown paper, string and sealing wax.
With that lead in, it probably won't surprise you that we fit into the latter category here. You see, we would rather lose sales by being honest about who we are and what are able to do than to have folks expect things that we can't do. Our usual order processing time is one to two weeks. If it will be longer than that we will try to contact you with that information.
As folks have become used to "instant" shipping via the Internet, we have to admit that we are a small, family run, specialty shop and most of the work here is still done by hand by a very few people. We want you to know this before you place your order.
- We don't keep track of your visits to our site except for the normal Web site logging and statistics that come with our Web hosting service.
- We don't have your information unless you successfully place an order and then your information is only used for processing and shipping your order, for product support. (for example, we if accidentally left a part out of a production run), or for a possible future advertising mailing (like a catalog, catalog CD, or brochure) sent via US Postal Service. You may request to be excluded from a possible future mailing at any time by e-mail or phone, or in writing -- we don't want to bother you if you don't want to be bothered.
- We use no advertising cookies, spyware cookies, or Web bugs on our Web site or in our html code. If you see a pop-up or other third-party ad on this site, please check your computer for spyware.
- We do use a shopping cart and payment system provided by Paypal (http://www.paypal.com). Paypal's privacy policies apply to the Paypal shopping cart and payment system and any other Paypal services that RST Engineering uses.
- We don't maintain a customer database on our Web server.
- We do keep a customer database in our office, it is considered confidential, and it is only used to conduct RST Engineering business.
- We don't have a secure e-mail system -- anything you e-mail to us does go though the Internet on its way to us.
- Once we download your e-mail we do delete it from our mail server.
- We do keep copies of e-mail and paper correspondence and other business records in our office, they are considered confidential and this information is only used to conduct RST Engineering business.
- We do not engage in spam (unsolicited commercial e-mail) or telemarketing of any kind.
Home• Catalog• Ordering Info• Support• Contact Us• About Us• Articles• Site Map
© 1996-2011, RST Engineering, Grass Valley, CA